- type: Water
ProjectsElk City Water Treatment Plant Improvements 2020
The City of Elk City needed a needed a new water treatment facility. The new water plant will end a multitude of issues that have confronted Elk City for the past sixteen years. Elk City wasn’t in compliance with Kansas Department of Health and Environment with various safety standards during the past. While the water from the water treatment plant is still safe, it does not eradicate some potentially harmful particles, such as triahalomethanes, or THMs. KDHE mandated Elk City either find an alternative water source or construct a new plant to meet state and federal codes. The new water treatment plant will be located adjacent to the existing plant north of the community. Elk City citizens did not want to receive their water from an adjoining city or water district. Therefore, they chose to construct a new plant.
City officials hired EBH to help them design and engineer their new plant which will be completed December 2020.
ProjectsProject InformationServices Provided
- Infrastructure, Evaluation and Planning
- Preliminary Engineering Report
- Water Treatment Facilities
- Construction of a 24’x20’ CMU building for chemical storage and lab/office.
- Chlorination and feed improvements.
- Filter pipe gallery modifications & Filter surface wash installations.
- Backwash pond sludge removal and disposal.
- Packaged submersible pump station with 2” force main; and associated piping, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC improvements.
Michael Younger, PE