- type: Community Enhancement
ProjectsGreat Bend Cost Share Program NHRA Dragstrip Improvements
EBH Engineering has a long standing relationship with the City of Great Bend. In conjunction with the City and Sunflower Rod and Custom Association dragstrip, this project was successfully completed in time for racing season. This was a unique project for the team and a type of project you don’t get to work on everyday.
“It is a special concrete mix that the NHRA said they wanted,” said Joel Krosschell, EBH Project Manager. “We will be testing for the correct concrete and flatness.” Profilograph testing was also performed to measure the surface’s flatness.
Check out the Sunflower Rod and Custom Association video about pouring the concrete here.
ProjectsProject InformationServices Provided
- Street and Highway Improvements
Technically the project included:
- Approximately 2,936 cubic yards of Common Excavation (Contractor Furnished)
- 2290 cubic yards of Compacted Embankment
- 13,088 cubic yards of Rock Excavation
- 26,239 square yards of Granular Base (8”)
- 26,239 square yards of Geogrid
- 15,044 square yards Concrete Pavement (6” Reinforced) (AE) (Class 4.5)
- 43 square yards of Concrete Pavement (8”) (AE) (Plain) (Class 5)
- 11,152 square yards of Concrete Pavement (8” Reinforced) (AE) (Class 4.5)
- KDOT Cost Share Program
Joel Krosschell, PE