back to completed projects
  • type: Community Enhancement

Projectsimage descriptionRaydene Park Recreational Trail Project

Status: Completed
Owner: City of Hugoton, Kansas
Location
Hugoton, Kansas
image description

EBH guided the City of Hugoton throughout the project phases for the Raydene Park Recreational Trail Project. EBH engineers worked with the City to develop a five year trail master plan and wrote the grant application to Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism (KDWPT), including the opinion of probable cost.



From local programs to federal agencies, we can help you identify and secure funding for your next improvement project.

Learn More

ProjectsProject Information

Services Provided
  • Recreational Trail Planning and Design
  • Project Funding and Grant Application
Project Details

When the project was awarded, EBH provided survey and design services. EBH also provided bid letting and limited construction engineering services. The City of Hugoton provided for construction inspection services in-house. EBH prepared contractor payment requests per Recreational Trails Program requirements.

Typical Recreational Trails Program projects are reimbursed by KDWPT at 80% of construction costs, with the sponsor (city) responsible for the remaining 20%. Project sponsors are responsible for 100% of engineering design costs.

Raydene Park is a linear park approximately 200 feet in width and one-third mile in length. The park features a nine hole disc (Frisbee) golf course. The Raydene Park Recreational Trail provides an ADA accessible concrete trail six feet in width, connecting the Hugoton High School and Middle School campus to the Stevens County Fairgrounds. Benches and trash receptacles are provided along the trail.

EBH provided the following:

  • Grant Application Services
  • Developed a five year Trails Master Plan
  • Trail Design, Bid Services and Project Management Services
GRANT PROGRAMS USED
  • Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
Project Team
  • image description
    Paul Stoner Project Manager/Engineer
  • image description
    Frank Feemster, PS Surveyor/Inspector