back to completed projects
  • type: Community Enhancement

Projectsimage descriptionHugoton Downtown Streetscape

Status: Completed
Owner: City of Hugton
Location & Map Link:
Hugoton, KS
image description

This project was funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), and had a different application process than typical Transportation Enhancement projects. EBH dedicated the personnel to fast-track this project, taking the project from design concept phase to complete project designs and specifications ready for bid letting in the amount of time allowed for ARRA ‘shovel ready’ projects. ARRA projects were also unique as the program funded 100% of construction and construction engineering costs. Typical Transportation Enhancement projects are reimbursed by KDOT at 80% of construction and construction engineering costs, with the owner (city) responsible for the remaining 20%.

jump to project information

From local programs to federal agencies, we can help you identify and secure funding for your next improvement project.

Learn More

ProjectsProject Information

Services Provided
  • Streetscape
  • Project Funding & Grant Application through KDOT
Project Details

The streetscape improvements included:

  • Construction of new concrete sidewalks with brick paver accents
  • ADA ramps
  • Decorative street lighting
  • Landscape trees with cast iron tree grates
  • New mid-block crosswalks with brick paver accents and bulbouts including raised concrete planters with a cast stone cap
  • Drip irrigation system and electric receptacles
  • Complete underground electric secondary service for lighting, pedestrian benches, and refuse containers
  • Crosswalk and stop bar pavement markings were installed at all intersections
  • Parking striping
  • Traffic and pedestrian signals at the intersection of 6th & Main St. (HWY 56)
  • EBH & Associates also provided bid letting and construction engineering services, including full time construction observation with special job reporting requirements for ARRA funded projects.
Project Team
  • image description
    Paul Stoner Senior/Project Manager, Project Engineer
  • image description
    Frank Feemster, PS Surveyor/Inspector
  • image description
    Kevin Powers Surveyor/Inspector