- Category: Blog
NewsroomKDOT calls for Transportation Alternatives Program projects
Streetscapes – Trails – Historic Preservation – Safe Routes to School
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) is calling for projects for the Federal Fiscal Year 2020 Transportation Alternatives (TA) Program. EBH has helped many communities throughout the state of Kansas with program applications, project design and construction engineering for this KDOT program. Contact me at PaulS@EBHengineering.com or 620.325.5000 today to begin your project application!
URGENT! – It’s recommended you attend one of the two workshops.
- The TA Workshop in Topeka is Tuesday, July 10th
- The TA Workshop in Salina is Wednesday, July 11th
Space is limited; please RSVP by 4 pm on Friday, July 6, 2018 to Matthew.Messina@ks.gov.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KDOT.
The TA Program, as administered by KDOT, provides funding for a variety of alternative transportation projects.
- Pedestrian and bicycle facilities (TRAILS!)
- Improvements to the scenic or environmental assets in our state (STREETSCAPE PROJECTS!)
- Safe Routes to School projects (WALKABILITY!)
- Historic preservation and rehabilitation of historic transportation facilities.
- Infrastructure for non-driver access to public transportation
- Projects that enhance mobility for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018 – Call for Projects announced and website is live with application and guidance documents.
- KDOT will host two TA Application workshops for eligible Project Sponsors to cover the parameters of the TA Program.
- Tuesday, July 10th, 1pm-3pm – TA Workshop in Topeka at KDOT headquarters, 700 SW Harrison, 4th Floor Auditorium A & B.
- Wednesday, July 11th, 1pm-3pm – TA Workshop in Salina at KDOT’s District Headquarters’ conference room, 1006 N. Third.
Workshops will be geared toward eligible Project Sponsors. Space is limited; please RSVP by 4 pm on July 6, 2018 to Matthew.Messina@ks.gov. At the workshop, applicants will review program requirements and eligibilities, changes since the last Call for Projects and an open Q&A session. Immediately following, subject matter experts will answer project specific questions based on Project Category being applied for.
- Monday, September 10, 2018, 4:00pm – Applications are due (1 paper copy and one digital copy in PDF format on a USB flash drive) mailed to KDOT headquarters: Attn: Matthew Messina, 700 SW Harrison St. 2nd Floor, Topeka, KS 66603
- October 2018 – November 2018 – KDOT will conduct Site Visits for all eligible projects.
- December 2018 – Project selections and public announcement of awards.