- Category: Blog
NewsroomKDOT calls for Transportation Alternatives Program Projects
Safe Routes for Non-Drivers – Trails – Historic Preservation – Safe Routes to School
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) is calling for projects for the Federal Fiscal Year 2023-24 Transportation Alternatives (TA) Program. EBH has helped many communities throughout the State of Kansas with program applications, project design and construction engineering for this KDOT program. Contact Paul Stoner at PaulS@EBHengineering.com or 620.325.5000 today to begin your project application!
For the FFY23-24 application process, Project Concepts will be required prior to application. Once project concepts are reviewed and approved, applications will be sent to project sponsor. Project concepts are due March 4, 2022.
The earlier the concept form is submitted, the sooner the potential applicant will receive feedback and the full application. The full application will be due May 13th.
CONCEPT FORMS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO APPLICATION.
URGENT! – It’s recommended you attend one of the three workshops (webinars). Email Jenny Kramer at Jenny.Kramer@ks.gov indicating the webinar date you prefer and she will send you a calendar invite with the link. There are a few new eligibilities this year, so make sure you attend one of the webinars to be informed.
- Friday, February 4, 1:30pm-3pm
- Monday, February 7, 1:30pm-3pm
- Friday, February 11, 1:30pm-3pm
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM KDOT WEBSITE.
The TA Program, as administered by KDOT, provides funding for a variety of alternative transportation projects.
- Pedestrian and bicycle facilities (TRAILS AND SAFE ROUTES FOR NON-DRIVERS!)
- Improvements to the scenic or environmental assets in our state (STORMWATER MITIGATION AND SCENIC OVERLOOKS!)
- Safe Routes to School projects (WALKABILITY!)
- Historic preservation and rehabilitation of historic transportation facilities
- Archaeological assets in our state