- type: Community Enhancement
EBH & Associates provided complete design and construction engineering services for the Leavenworth Streetscape Project. Our team started with public meetings and the development of concept drawings, working closely with the City of Leavenworth to develop the successful KDOT grant application. After the project was awarded by KDOT, EBH provided complete project survey, design services, and construction engineering services – including full time construction observation.
From local programs to federal agencies, we can help you identify and secure funding for your next improvement project.Learn More
ProjectsProject InformationServices Provided
- Street Scape
- Project Funding & Grant Application through KDOT
This historical downtown included many buildings that at one time had basement storefront entrances. These entrances had been closed and covered with the existing sidewalk for many years ago. EBH carefully conducted site assessments of each historical building front, and developed a design solution to remove and replace the sidewalks covering these old basement entrance without damage to the building structure.
- Construction of new concrete sidewalks with concrete paver accents
- ADA ramps
- Decorative street lighting
- Tree grates
- New intersection and mid-block crosswalks with concrete paver accents
- Corner and mid-block bulbouts with raised concrete planters
- Drip irrigation system and electric receptacles
- Complete underground electric secondary service for lighting
- Pedestrian benches
- Refuse containers
- Power receptacle pedestals were strategically placed within the project to accommodate food vendors that set up downtown for the annual First City Festival.
Paul Stoner Senior/Project Manager, Project Engineer
Frank Feemster, PS Surveyor/Inspector