- type: Transportation
ProjectsPeabody KDOT Cost Share Street Improvements 2020
EBH Engineering was selected by the City of Peabody, Kansas, to design the KDOT cost-share street improvements to include Sycamore Street from 7th St. to 9th St., 4th St./Elm St. Intersection and 4th St. from Pine St. to Elm St.
This project utilized local funding from USD 398 as well as the City of Peabody. The city local funding paid for the streets and drainage improvements while the USD 398 funding paid for the off street parking areas and bus drop off zones.
The portion of the project at the grade school had to be completed prior to the first day of school, August 16, 2021. This portion of the project was opened to traffic to meet this timeline.
ProjectsProject InformationServices Provided
- Project Funding and Grant Application
- Road and Bridge Design
- Street and Highway Improvements
- State and Federal Permits
- Traffic Engineering
The project included:
- 230 square yards of 8” Concrete Valley Gutter
- 4000 square yards of 6” Concrete Pavement
- 2,450 square yards of 6” Concrete Entrance Pavement
- 2,900 linear feet of Curb and Gutter
- 1,925 cubic yards of Common Excavation
- 8,123 square yards of 4”Crushed Rock Base over Geogrid
- 285 square yards of 4” Sidewalk
- Seeding and Traffic Control
- KDOT Cost Share Program
Darin Neufeld, PE